At Pacific Learning, we believe in supporting educators
improving instructional excellence and student achievement. We offer
many types of professional development to help meet the needs of your
school or district.
Customized On-Site Professional Development
Pacific Learning’s customized professional development starts
with collecting data to determine needs. Through discussions with key
stakeholders and teachers, and through classroom walk-throughs for
observation, our trained consultants provide you with information about
instructional delivery. This data then helps shape the professional
development plan focused on the particular needs in your school or
The instructional assessment part of the process helps to:
- Gather data through classroom observations
- Determine frequency of use of best practices
- Facilitate teachers analyzing their own instructional data
– Dramatic gains in student achievement after
Looking for professional development to make dramatic gains in
student performance? Job-Embedded Classroom Coaching
is right for you. Through our Job-Embedded Classroom Coaching,
a professional consultant works with administrators and teachers to
identify instructional needs, coach teachers, and target instruction
toward student needs.
- Scaffolds teachers to support individual student needs
- Provides strategies for effective instructional delivery
- Encourages teacher self-reflection
Our coaching model demonstrates how it works.
How to determine if Job-embedded coaching is
right for your school or district:
Job-embedded coaching can last anywhere from 1 week to 1year depending
on your needs and the number of teachers participating.
- The first step in finding out if this is right for your
district is speaking with a Pacific Learning representative to help
determine your general needs.
- Next, Pacific Learning matches a trained consultant with
needs and a phone conference is scheduled for the consultant to dig
deeper so that he/she can develop a Professional Development coaching
- A proposal with plan details and costs will then be drafted
for your review.
- After the plan is fine-tuned and agreed upon, the work
begins based on the approximate dates outlined in the proposal.
- Overall costs include a fee per day and travel expenses for
consultant. Pacific Learning will help make the travel as
cost-effective for you as possible.
Classroom Practice (full-day or half-day) Workshops/Institutes
Any combination of the topics below can be tailored into half-
or full-day workshops.
- Guided Reading
- Shared Reading
- Using Comprehension Strategies Across the Content
- Assessment to Drive Instruction
- Effective Whole Class Instruction
- Content Area Literacy Instruction
- Integrating Technology Into Instruction
- Supporting ELLs and Struggling Readers
- Differentiating Instruction
- Balancing Your Literacy Program
- Incorporating Parent Involvement Programs Focused
on Literacy Needs
We ask that dates chosen be consecutive when possible to save
Product Implementation Training
Full- or Half-Day Implementation Training
Free, full-day of
implementation training included with product purchases of $20,000 or
We know how important it is to kick off new resources without
hitch! That’s why we offer support to help you get teachers
started and motivated incorporating new resources into your existing
curriculum. Included with most product packages are Teacher Resource
Books and/or Product Overview videos. However, the best way to motivate
staff to use (and to effectively use) a new resource is to have one of
our trained, professional consultants on site to provide:
- Background about the product including why it’s
effective and how it’s going to help
- A detailed walk-through of all product components with
demonstrations and modeling of lessons
- Hands-on practice and reflection
Training is structured and customized based on the size and
needs of your staff. Normally trainings are structured through a
combination or whole group and small group staff interaction, in
addition to individual reflection and practice.
Our consultants tie in effective teaching strategies and
throughout the training. Beyond learning HOW to effectively integrate
our products, your teachers will learn additional strategies on which
the products are based. For example, if you would like full-day
training for staff regarding Pacific Learning’s CSI
resource, you have the option of including any additional professional
- Effectively integrating comprehension strategies across the
- Interactive whole group instruction
- Integrating technology into instruction
- Setting up successful cooperative learning groups
- Observing and assessing student progress and program
Implementation Training (customized)
Free with orders of $10,000
1-hour Customized and Live Sessions: Train over 100 educators
live, customized online session to introduce and kick-off the
integration of new resources into your curriculum.
We’ll work with you to design a 1-hour session
tailored to the needs of your school or district.
Professional Conference Presentations/Regional Workshops
Several authors and consultants present at international,
and regional conference sessions. We’ll keep you up to date
where they are! If you would like to schedule a local workshop or event
with an author or consultant on a specific topic, please contact us at any time.
Schedules, pricing, and participation may vary.
U.S. Tour – October 2009