El Sistema de la Intervención de Lectura (SIL) is an eight-week program for students in 1st Grade 2-3. The SIL Purple Kit uses 20 culturally diverse from the Hopscotch book series. These titles range from guided reading levels J to M, intervention levels 18 to 28.
The SIL focuses on the following literacy skills:
• Vocabulary building
• Reading and writing strategies
• Reading and writing fluency
• Oral language development (speaking)
• Listening skills
The SIL Purple Kit provides the following support for your literacy intervention program:
• Explicit and systematic instruction for small groups
• Identification of individual student strengths and needs
• Assessments for documentation and lesson implementation
• Opportunity for accelerated progress from level J to M
• Opportunity to monitor progress on a daily basis
• Take-home support for parent involvement
SIL Purple Kit includes:
• 20 titles, levels J-M
• High-Frequency Word Cards
• Syllable Cards
• Syllable Blends Cards
• Student Writing Notebooks
• Teacher Guide with CD (includes all reproducible and assessment / progress monitoring)
Once you recieve your user name and password, you can login here: https://pacificlearning.digitalbookroom.com/#/
Response to Intervention (RTI)
English Language Learners (ELL)
Early Childhood programs
|Guided Reading Level||J, K, L, M|
We first created the Hopscotch books because of our love for the children and we wanted to represent their lives in the books. We wanted our multicultural books to capture the interests of all children.
We then created the SIL/LIS so that teachers would have an easy to follow program which would offer intensive daily instruction for struggling readers using research based practices.
We wanted the SIL/LIS to be useful for the classroom teacher/RTI intervention teacher or summer school teacher so that they would be able to advance their students into becoming successful readers.